Explore your Jewish Heritage through this tour of Israel. You will visit all the highlights, from the Golan Heights to the Old City of Jerusalem. Tour the Western Wall tunnels, visit Ammunition Hill- learn about the history of the Jewish people and the State of Israel. Highlights include a visit to the Dead Sea, a jeep tour in the Golan and swimming in the springs in the North.
Israel Jewish Heritage Tour
With our perfectly curated Jewish heritage program for first timers, you will not only learn about Jewish history but also explore the modern state and cultures of Israel. Experience many highlights of Israel such as Masada, Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, the Dead Sea, Galilee and Golan, and enjoy stunning landscapes and the best museums. Taste the food, walk through the markets and mingle with the people that make Israel such a fascinating country.
DepartureMain City Square, Old Town
Departure TimePlease arrive by 9:15 AM for a prompt departure at 9:30 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 8:30 PM.
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, light jacket.
IncludedAirport TransfersBreakfastDeparture TaxesPersonal Guide
Not Included5 Star AccommodationEntry Fees
History of the City
- Experience the startup capital of Tel Aviv-Jaffa, and the new ANU Museum
- Explore Caesarea, Herod the Greats impressive palace
- Visit ancient Safed
- Explore stunning nature sites, waterfalls and landscapes at at Banias and Ein Gedi
- Take a geopolitical tour in the Golan Heights
- Enjoy a thrilling jeep or ATV ride
- Visit a boutique winery
- Take in the scents, smells and tastes of Machene Yehuda and Carmel markets
- Explore Israeli culture on our unique Lewinsky market culinary and Florentin graffiti tour
- Visit the four ancient quarters of Jerusalem, the heart of Israel
- Explore the City of David and its underground tunnels
- Visit Yad Vashem, the world renowned Holocaust educational
- Experience the founding of the State of Israel at Independence Hall in Tel Aviv
Day 1 Welcome to Israel! Meet/Assist at the airplane and fast track through passport control, to luggage claim and then to your guide. Overnight Caesarea Day 2 - Northern Coast Meet your private guide and visit the ancient city of Caesarea. Built by Herod the Great and once the seat of Roman rule. View the excavated Roman Theater, with its acoustic and theatrical sound, which was used for many performances throughout the centuries. In Haifa, ascend Mt. Carmel for a panoramic view of Haifa Bay and the beautiful Bahai Gardens with its impressive Temples. Visit the ancient crusader port city of Acco and the fascinating UNESCO town with new excavations, from 1000 years old. Visit the Crusader Halls and see the underground tunnels and pathways. We’ll also visit the Acco Prison which was the main prison and execution site used by the British during the Mandate Period. Overnight: Merom Golan, Golan Heights Day 3 – Safed and the Golan Heights Spend the morning in Safed – Stroll through the narrow, winding alley’s, visit some of the beautiful synagogues and browse through the artists’ workshops and galleries found in the flourishing artists' quarter. We will then continue our tour with a visit to the Banias Springs. Here we will have time for a water hike in one of Israel’s most beautiful waterfalls. It is considered to be the largest spring feeding from Mt. Hermon. Explore the rugged Golan Heights on an ATV buggy. This experience will take you off-road in one of Israel’s most remote and beautiful regions, in a fun off-road vehicle. On an ATV tour in the Golan, you’ll enjoy the Golan’s diverse landscape, climbing mountains, passing forests and fruit groves and orchards, geological wonders and landforms, seeing stunning views across three countries, Israel, Lebanon, and Syria. End your day with a Wine Tasting at one of the Golan boutique wineries. Overnight: Merom Golan Day 4 – The Road from Galilee to Jerusalem Breakfast at the Hotel and check out Begin your day at Magdala, which was a major first-century port on the Sea of Galilee and a center of trade and commerce. Archaeological discoveries early in the 21st century including a first century synagogue and an Second Temple period stone inscription have made it a burgeoning destination. Continue to Kibbutz Sde Eliyahu which is located in the Valley of Springs in the north of Israel. This kibbutz is known as the pioneers of commercial organic farming and biological pest control in Israel. The Bio-Tour visitor center was established to show visitors the special way of on Sde Eliyahu, as well as the importance of preserving nature and the environment. Drive through the lush Jordan Valley where the dessert now blooms with flowers and vegetation and arrive at the ancient remains of Beit Shean. The Talmud mentions this city as being the "entrance to paradise." We will tour one of the biggest excavated sites in Israel with its bathhouse and Cardo. Welcome to Jerusalem – Overview from Mount Scopus! Overnight: Jerusalem Mamilla Hotel Day 5 – Jerusalem: Center of Three Faiths Spend the day in the Old City:
- Walk through the Armenian and Jewish quarters to the recently excavated and restored Cardo, the Roman road. See the Jewish Wailing Wall, the Kotel
- Continue to the Christian quarter - walk along the Via Dolorosa and visit the Church of Holy Sepulchre.
- The City of David houses the newest and most exciting excavations of Jerusalem during the time of the first Temple period. Here we’ll also walk through Hezekiah’s Tunnel which still flows with water.