Stuck at home and filled with wanderlust? Israel offers some amazing virtual tours that will allow you to learn about the country, experience the museums, the history, the Galilee, Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Tel Aviv and more.
Below you’ll find our top 10 list of recommended virtual tours (in no particular order):
- Israel Museum – Israel’s most famous cultural institution has several renowned pieces online including the oldest mask in the world, ancient scrolls of Ruth, Esther and more at this link.
- Temple Mount – ‘walk’ up to the Temple Mount, see the site of creation, Mt. Moriah, the place were Abraham almost sacrificed Isaac, and where the Solomons Temple once stood. A Travelujah exclusive! Click here to inquire.
- City of David – visit ancient Jerusalem, and see the Kidron valley, Pool of Siloam, Hezekiah’s tunnel and more. Click here to inquire
- In the Footsteps of the Prophet Samuel – From Shiloh to Nebe Samuel, learn about the prophet that anointed the two first Messiahs, Saul and David. Learn about his early life in Shiloh, the prayer of Hannah and its connection to Mary mother of Jesus as well as his life in Nebe Samuel, in northern Jerusalem. A Travelujah exclusive. Click here to inquire.
- Bible Lands Museum – One of their most popular exhibits, by the Rivers of Babylon, has been adapted into a fascinating virtual tour that brings the story of the Jewish people rebuilding their life by the river of Babylon after King Nebuchadnezar destroyed Jerusalem.
- In the Footsteps of King David Part 1 and Part 2 (two tours) -from Bethlehem, to the valley of Ellah Valley to Ein Gedi. Part 2 focuses on his ascent to the throne in Jerusalem. A Travelujah exclusive Click here to inquire
- Tower of David – Explore the Kishle building and the foundations of King Herods Palace, situated underground in the Old City of Jerusalem. Click here to view the two virtual tours.
- Hallelujah: Assemble, Pray, Study at the Museum of the Jewish People – How did Jewish life remain intact during 2000 years of life before there was a state of Israel? Explore the 21 different synagogues representing various communities and Jewish life relating to the synagogue: social gatherings, study, creativity and prayer, as well as weddings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, fundraising, charity, etc. Contact [email protected]
- Via Dolorosa and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre – Go deep into Christian Jerusalem, and explore the Stations of the Cross along the Via Dolorosa culminating in an enlightening visit to the last five stations inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. A Travelujah exclusive! Click here to inquire
- Masada and the Dead Sea – Built over 2,000 years ago, fascinating sections of of King Herod’s extraordinary palace remain intact and tell us much about Herod, ancient Roman life, architecture and rituals. The site became a hideout 100 years later for Jewish zealots fleeing Jerusalem after the destruction of the city and the Second Temple. Click here to inquire